The IFTA Young Professionals Scholarship Program was started in 2013 to encourage the next generation of fruit tree growers to attend the association’s educational events. The first Young Professional Scholarships were awarded that year for the IFTA Study Tour in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It was a great success, and IFTA is hopeful in supporting this program for many future IFTA events.
We are currently working to acquire sponsor support to provide scholarships that would help allow our Young Professionals to attend the Annual Conference in Rochester, New York, February 24-28, 2019.
If interested in applying, please read the below information for qualifications and more details!
- Current IFTA membership is required.
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger when the study tour takes place.
- Individuals who have received an IFTA scholarship to a previous Annual Conference event are ineligible. Individuals qualify to receive one scholarship per IFTA event.
- If you have already registered for the event, you may still apply to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients may be asked to assist with events during the study tour
Applications will be reviewed by the IFTA Young Professionals committee, and recipients will be notified by email.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
We appreciate support of the the Young Professionals Scholarship, please use the linked donation form if you would like to donate.